Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shift Beeper

I always liked the idea of an audible shift warning so I could focus on looking ahead and not trying to spot a light. Modifry makes a shift beeper (http://modifry.com/products/rlb/index.htm) that works perfectly for this. While pretty much not needed for autocross it was a nice to have item that I could put in for now. Works great, set your shift point, set the increments you want to be warned by before you get to it and off you go.

Modifry Shift Beeper Control Unit
2/27/2011

After installing it, I went to Ocean Parkway to see if it would be loud enough and sure enough it was pretty ear piercing. I was playing music just to see if the video just to see if the beeps could even be heard over it. You can even see how rough driving around on 1000lbs springs can get.

Modifry Shift Beeper Test
2/27/2011

Incidentally, I also cracked the OEM lip a few months before going into an unfamiliar driveway. It was driving me nuts so I replaced that too with a new one.

New OEM lip - 3/1/2011