Thursday, October 31, 2013

First Alignment for the 2011 Season

New suspension setup means new alignment time. I ran all of 2010 on a backwards alignment and it was time to fix it. The J's racing S1 camber joints allows a lowered S2000 to get up to 4 degrees up negative camber up front so it was surprising when the alignment guy came back and said he could only get -1.2 from the driver side. We looked at the joint for a bit and realized that I must've installed it backwards so we reversed it and were finally able to get the alignment I wanted.

Alignment at Camber Toe in Lynbrook
2/21/2011
Alignments are guaranteed to have to be redone again during the racing season so as a starting point I went with Dan's previous alignment but with a bit more rear camber to keep the rear more settled. At this time I still preferred a tighter car. The final alignment specs were:

Front:
-3.1 camber
0 toe
6 caster

Rear:
-2.7 camber
1/8" total toe in