Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Moton-ification

In the December of 2010, Dan posted this video of him de-Moton-ifying his car for the winter. He had bought his Motons from StinkyTofu on S2ki and had spent the year getting his car set up around that.

Dan de-Moton-izing for the winter in 2010
at his friend Joey's house

This was my chance to fast track my STR build. I offered to buy his entire suspension setup which included Moton double adjustable shocks, 1000lb Swift and Hyperco springs all around, J's racing front offset camber joints and the Gendron front sway bar in exchange for a 98 Dodge Neon R/T (which really only covered the front sway bar...yeah isn't that sad LoL), cash and an offer to codrive with me until after the Devens National Tour.

Moton club sport with 1000lb springs all around
2/8/2011
Gendron front sway bar
2/8/2011
It was a win/win for both of us. He was leaving the sport (well at least not owning his own prepped car anymore). I needed a set up that was ready to go and by having him as my codriver, he could help get my car set up faster, I could learn from him and be a solid benchmark for me to improve against.