Monday, October 28, 2013

Applying the Evo School Training

The day after Evo Phase 2, I headed off to Warminster for another Philly SCCA event. Surprise surprise...coned every single run and spun a few times but my driving was getting more aggressive and I was pushing the car harder. The confidence was definitely building up but I was still struggling to tie everything I had learned together.

Philly SCCA Autocross - 8/29/2010
Photo by: Perry Aidelbaum - Autox4u.com

Philly SCCA Autocross - 8/29/2010
Warminster, PA

Determined to keep my momentum going, the following weekend was another back to back autocross. First was with the NNJR SCCA where I took the win in STR but by this time I had already started to change my attitude about the sport. Our local STR competition that year was fairly weak and Dan Cheung was running Pro Class index and was smoking my times in his STR AP1 so this win felt empty. On the bright side though, Evo School was paying off. You can see much more movement in my head in my videos as I started focusing on looking ahead.

NNJR SCCA - STR Class Win - 9/4/2010
Meadowlands, NJ

The day after, it was off to Nassau Coliseum to run with the NY BMWCCA for even more seat time where Joe "The Mouth" was more than happy to beat me in his little miata.

NY BMWCCA - 9/5/2010
Nassau Coliseum, NY