Friday, October 18, 2013

Suspension - Attempt #1

June is super slow period for autox in the NY area so I took the downtime to get cracking on the build. I didn't have the foggiest idea how to set up a S2000 but I did know I wanted some adjustable shocks and be able to adjust my ride height. I wanted to keep the investment small since I knew from experience I was going to be replacing this setup sooner rather than later so it would just have to be a starting point. To keep things simple I went with a Koni Yellow + Ground Control setup with 550lb springs up front and 440lb in the rear. Not sure why I picked these rates but I wanted the rear to have about 100lb less and this is what they had available. I probably read it somewhere. Too long ago to recall.

Koni Yellow + Ground Control coilovers (550f/440r)
Koni installed
Koni Installed
With the car finally lowered, it was off to Camber Toe in Lynbrook to get the car aligned on my birthday. Yeah, that's right folks. This is how car guys ACTUALLY want to spend their birthdays, doing stuff with their car. 

Alignment at Camber Toe, Lynbrook
6/11/2010
Alignment Specs
Front:
-2.3 degrees camber
6 degrees caster
0 toe
Rear:
-3.7 degrees camber
1/16" total toe in
Yes, you're seeing that right, -3.7 rear camber. Haha, yes it's ok...laugh with me...I had a WTF moment when I looked back at my notes too writing this post. Did I mention I didn't know what the heck I was doing in terms of car setup for the S at this point? I'll tell you one thing though, that definitely made the rear settle ;-)