Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sensei Dan and Perry's Lunch

After a season of watching Dan kick ass in his S2000, it was time to put him in my car to not only get feedback and instruction but to also do a benchmark in the same vehicle. This was the last event for NNJR SCCA in 2010 and also the last time the club would run at Englishtown. It was also the point where Dan and I started toying with the idea of codriving in 2011 as it was announced that the NNJR SCCA would be hosting a ProSolo at the Meadowlands the following year.

NNJR SCCA - 10/16/2010
Photo by: Miatamight

Working timing and scoring...haha ;-)
Photo by: Bruce Bellom

NNJR SCCA - 10/16/2010
Englishtown Road Course, NJ

Dan's feedback was that I needed much more front camber and much stiffer front bar to make the car transition faster and get more front grip. Bumblestook was more difficult to drive than his car. He also insisted that I work on getting smoother with my steering inputs as I was shocking the tires a lot. I managed to be 1.5 seconds off his time in the same car which would now be my official 2010 benchmark from him.

Of course people couldn't resist doing more funny things in front of the GoPro. This time it was Perry showing me his lunch.

Perry on the "goof cam"