Saturday, July 14, 2018

Fun in the Sun - NNJR SCCA/PCA AutoX

After almost a month hiatus, we finally got to go back out there and autocross again today. This time it was another NNJR SCCA / PCA joint event. It was a pretty hot day in the low to mid 90s by the time I got to run but with sporadic cloud cover and a stiff breeze it was much more manageable than the last event.

NNJR SCCA/PCA Autox
Meadowlands, NJ - 7-14-2018
Overall, Bumblestook continues to surprise me. I'm feeling more confident that everything is working well and I'm able to chuck her into corners without any fear. Ok, maybe a little fear but mostly because I'm dropping her off with the detailer tomorrow and I'm trying not to cover her in cone marks or mess up the paint before he has a chance to seal it all. Once the paint gets that little bit of extra protection then I'll feel better about being more aggressive. For now I'm pretty surprised I only hit one cone the entire day.

NNJR SCCA/PCA Autox
Meadowlands, NJ - 7-14-2018
Photo by: Alex Meramo

NNJR SCCA/PCA Autocross - 7-14-2018

This might be her last autox for some time though as I've got something in the works. We are at least going to hit the track in September for the S2K Take Over Round 2 at NYST. I'll need to finally order track pads and rotors for that event and put an end to over 5 years of not letting Bumblestook fully stretch her legs into the triple digits.