Friday, July 13, 2018

S2K Bear Mountain Cruise

Last weekend I got to take Bumblestook on her first S2Ki bear mountain cruise since 2011. I met up with the NJ crew at the Rockefeller Lookup right off the Palisades Parkway bright and early then we started our drive out to meet the rest of the group.

NJ crew rollout to bear mountain cruise
Rockefeller Lookout - 7/8/2018
There was very good turnout this year. I don't have the official count but it was somewhere between 70-80 cars. I obviously knew many of the people on the cruise but also met lots of new faces which was fun. It's always great to meet new S2K enthusiasts.

Meetup point - 7/8/2018
We went to the usual first stop at the New Croton Dam then enjoyed the amazing twisty roads working our way to our final destination of Brother's BBQ for lunch.

Final Stop - Brother's BBQ - New Windsor, NY - 7/8/2018
One thing that kept coming back into my head on the drive was how this was exactly why I brought Bumblestook back to street legal trim. It was great just really enjoying the drive, hanging out with like-minded S2000 enthusiasts and letting your mind clear. Can't wait to do this again in the future.