Thursday, October 31, 2013

Racing Seats

It was time to add proper racing seats. I really wanted Recaro Pole Positions because I heard they fit the S2000 really well but they were at least 6 months backordered everywhere. I ended up ordering Sparco Pro 2000 seats because I had them in the RSX and they fit me well but I knew it would be a tight squeeze in the S. The seats finally arrived but they screwed up my order and I got Sparco Pro 2000 Plus seats instead. In some ways this was good because it actually fit my fat ass better but not so good was trying to fit it in the car. I could've sent them back but I was starting to get pressed for time so I had to make them work. I don't know how I managed to get them in but I did. Even with the Buddy Club sliders, I could barely adjust them.

Sparco Pro 2000 Plus seats arrived
3/2/2011
Buddy Club Super Low Down rails
3/4/2011
The other problem with having the extra wide seats was that I couldn't get to the seat belt buckle. I found these seat belt extensions that at least go the buckle past the bolsters. It worked ok for me but it really sucked for Dan since he's a skinny guy and the seat belt didn't even touch his body when he's in the car. I did a pretty bad job installing these seats and the wings touched the door panel so they left an indentation where it hit but it was too late to fuss around, the season was starting soon and I needed to have the car ready.

Generic seat belt extension
3/5/2011
Both seats installed - 3/5/2011