Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pro Class Index

By this point I was getting comfortable wins in STR locally with NNJR SCCA but mostly due to lack of competition and could've taken the season championship if I just stayed in the class but with Dan Cheung constantly killing my times in Pro class index, I decided to run in Pro class as well. Dan would be my benchmark for improvement since he's very consistent and I was at least good 2 seconds behind at every prior event. The new goal would be to keep closing this gap which I knew wouldn't be easy as he had both better prep on his car but more importantly was a much better driver.

Makeshift rear Koni adjuster
Up until this point I was also just focused on my driving and wasn't making any changes to the car other than a few adjustments early in the season. Now I needed to start fiddling with the shocks but the way the Konis are mounted in rear of the S2000, the left rear adjuster was actually directly under the fuel filler neck and was hard to get to so I had to create a makeshift adapter to get in there using a sawed off adjuster knob jammed into a ratcheting wrench. I could finally now make the car a bit more loose (though I still had my wonky alignment specs)

Another event with the NNJR SCCA and my first time switching to Pro indexed class. Ended second to last out of 26 drivers but the position didn't matter here. I was going toe to toe with Dan and was now within 1.5 seconds of his times. The gap was shrinking so that must mean improvement right?

NNJR SCCA - 9/18/2010