Tuesday, October 29, 2013

2010 Racing Season Ends

My last event for 2010 was with the NNJR Porsche Club. It was a sunny day but incredibly cold. It wasn't going to stop me from racing. Mark hopped back in as my codriver for this event for a final attempt to try and beat me but I was able to take him by 0.2 seconds.

NNJR PCA - 10/30/2010
Meadowlands, NJ

Overall, 2010 was a bit of a life changing season. Bumblestook really taught me a lot...far more than I had ever expected...and it made me appreciate the sport so much more. I was eager to get back to doing track days but after so many autocrosses and the promise of attending my first "big event" in 2011 in my home region, the track day plans would go on hold. The excitement of running STR sunk in and I was determined to transform her into a fully competitive STR car and compete in the NJ ProSolo and the Delaware National Tour in 2011. The off season build would begin...but where to start? I wanted to still say focused on improving my driving and not get caught up too much in car setup. Was there a way I could fast track the build?