Saturday, October 19, 2013

Little Details

After coming back from Philly, I did a little more work on the car. Minor cosmetic things so nothing really special here. Got hood dampers because I hate hood props. Hood dampers should come standard on all cars as far as I'm concerned.

Password:JDM hood dampers
Didn't like the flat black AP1 radio door cover. Prefered the silver AP2 version that had "S2000" written on it so that was swapped in.

AP2 radio door cover
I also have a thing about big round shift knobs with some heft to it. Installed the Moddiction shift knob with red lettering. Who doesn't like to feel a big round ball in the heat of racing ;-) It's a very well made piece but in all honesty it got a bit annoying as it would sometimes spin off center if I was shifting hard and the lower position actually made shifting a bit more difficult so this would eventually go off the car. For now it was a nice decorative piece.

Moddiction Shift Knob
In the engine bay I added the AUT carbon fiber cooling plate. I liked the bling and it's actually functional IF you remove the plastic cover that's normally underneath it but I didn't to stay STR legal so this was all show and only a potential for go. 

AUT Cooling Plate
...and lastly she got her first car wash at Ultra Sonic Car wash in in Bellerose. It's really the only "quick" car wash I'd go to since they have that conveyor belt that clears lowered cars and nothing mechanical touches the car...just people.

First car wash at Ultra Sonic Car Wash
7/26/2010