Saturday, November 30, 2013

Autox/Track day double header

In early August it, it was back to the NJ Motorsports park again for another track day but first I did another autocross with NNJR SCCA. It's just too much damn fun to hoon around on Hoosiers. There was this crazy dip in the middle of one of the sweepers that was a bit unsettling causing me to loose time but I think the driving was ok. The SSM classing made it a bit hard to see exactly how I was really driving compared to everyone else since Bumblestook really wasn't a true SSM car but I was happy enough to end up 8th in RAW time out of 85 drivers (http://www.autox4u.com/results/2011/862011raw.html) and even more stoked that I was only a tenth behind Don in the SS Z06. Not too bad for a car with only half the power and a lot less tire.

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 8/6/2011
Meadowlands, NJ

Right after the event, I drove down to Millville, NJ to spend the night before the track day the next day. No surprise here, rain again...argh! The best part was that I was on 2 year old RS-3s with almost no tread left. It was definitely going to get interesting. Fortunately all this running in the rain gave me a good sense of wet weather car control and I had no incidents to report of.

NASA HPDE - 8/7/2011
NJMP Lightning - NJ
The rain did eventually stop and we were able to get some dry laps in and put the hammer down. There was a bit of shuffling early in the session but eventually it cleared up and we were able to get some clean laps in clean air.

NASA HPDE - 8/7/2011
NJMP Lightning - NJ

Oh and since the last event, I picked up a HANS Sport 2 for added safety.

HANS Sport 2 - 7/29/2011