Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2011 NNJR SCCA Test 'N Tune

Back on our home turf a week later despite a freak late snow storm just 3 days before the event. Luckily it warmed quickly and all the snow melted in 24 hours. Dan was able to come along on this one and we were able to get some valuable testing done. We were still running my Dunlop Z1 Star Specs from 2010 though trying to preserve the RS3s until later. It was a stupid cold day, I think ambient temperature was 40 degrees and during that week I had managed to hurt my foot and could barely operate the clutch, let alone walk (the beginning of some weight related health problems here).

Freak late season snow storm - 3/24/2011
What really got me excited were the results that day. Dan was able to place her 2nd in PAX and even with some lack luster driving on my part, I still managed to get 14th (http://www.autox4u.com/results/2011/3272011_pax.htm) . I started hearing about this "Jon guy" from the Philly region who had also prepped a STR S2000 over the winter and was excited to have some solid competition in the upcoming months. AP1 vs AP2...it would be an interesting match up for sure. I knew I wasn't quite up to the driving task yet but I was hopeful Dan would soon kick some STR butt and give Bumblestook her first big event trophy.

NNJR SCCA Test 'N Tune - 3/27/2011
Meadowlands, NJ
We also combined our GoPros for the first time and would start my GoPro camera insanity. No fewer than 3 GoPros on the car at any given time. It probably isn't very useful at all but looking back I'm glad I recorded what I could.

GoPro insanity - 3/27/2011
I really love codriving with Dan. He says the most awesome things on camera and while he's driving. You really want to watch this video. He's got Winchester in the passenger seat and they have some funny conversations that I left in the video. They also almost had an "O Shit" moment by the finish but I was having such a great time, I was laughing along with them.

NNJR SCCA Test 'N Tune - 3/27/2011
Meadowlands, NJ