Monday, November 18, 2013

NJ ProSolo 2011

It was finally time for the big show. Friday was practice starts and it was raining again so it wasn't too useful other than getting my first look at the lights. In the 6 years of motorsports until this point I had never gone drag racing so this was a new element for me. I finally got the hang of it and was cutting decent lights so I was ready to go. I also realized looking at the tires that we simply hadn't scuffed in the tires enough so I took the risk of leaving the the wheels and tires on and actually drive home with them that Friday night (one of the best things about having a ProSolo in your home region is sleeping in your own bed).

Dan getting for practice starts - 5/20/2011
NJ ProSolo
I was able to get some extra miles on the tires and scuff them in between the days and so at least that was ready for race day. It was my first big event and obviously my first ProSolo. The sequence of running one side, switching sides and then the intensity of lining up got to me but I pushed as hard as I could. At the end of the weekend, Dan and I finished mid-pack, with Dan in 5th and me in 6th out of 9 drivers (http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/04-NJ-Pro.pdf). I was half a second behind Dan which met my personal goals but it was unfortunate we didn't do better. It did however highlight to me how much of a disadvantage it was to run an AP1 in a ProSolo (especially an untuned one). We were just getting left on the line. It was so much fun though and it created a hunger for big events in the future.  I made more friends at this event including that "Jon guy" who consequently won STR.

Part of STR Grid - NJ ProSolo - 5/22/2011


NJ ProSolo 5/21-5/22/2011