Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Birthday...and the rebirth of Bumblstook as a track car

Almost immediately after returning from Dover, the silly plugs on my trunk came off and I reinstalled the APR GTC-200.

APR GTC-200 back on the car - 6/7/2011
There is only one way a car guy wants to spend his birthday and that's a full day to do whatever he wants on his car...at least that's how I like it. The weekend after the Dover National Tour was my birthday and I spent that at Jeff DeVos' (JDV Motorsports) place getting Bumblestook ready for the track day I had coming up. We ditched the soft top.

Soft top out - 6/11/2011
Installed the Hard Dog rollbar with double diagonal, lower harness bar and replacement bulkhead.

Rollbar in - 6/11/2011
We took off the stock steering wheel and installed the Works Bell removable hub and Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel

Steering wheel installed - 6/11/2011
Put in the Sparco 6-pt harnesses on both sides

Sparco 6-pt Harnesses installed - 6/11/2011
All the crap that we took out of the car that luckily Jeff kept for future use (that's for another blog post)

Lots of stuff out off the car - 6/11/2011
I contacted APR about their front splitter but they didn't make one for the AP1 with OEM lip so they had me make a trace and my car became the mold for what is now the part number they have online. Very sexy carbon piece.

APR carbon front splitter - 6/16/2011
We added the Quantum Motorsports brake ducts

Quantum Motorsports Brake ducts - 6/16/2011
Quantum Motorsports Brake ducts - 6/16/2011
Then I went to Ray (S~Factor) to get my hood vented for more cold air to the K&N box and to let the hot air out from the header.

Ray cutting up my hood - 6/18/2011
While Ray was doing that, I was adding the 2.5" riser to the wing so I can get it closer to the roof line where it would be more effective.

APR GTC-200 with 2.5" Riser - 6/18/2011
....and finally she was all ready for her update photoshoot in track trim

Bumblestook in Track Trim - 6/18/2011
Bumblestook in Track Trim - 6/18/2011
Bumblestook in Track Trim - 6/18/2011