Wednesday, November 20, 2013

S2Ki Metro Annual BBQ @ NYR SCCA Autox

S2ki Metro NY wanted to have their annual BBQ and maybe introduce some new people to autocross. NYR SCCA offered to host it at Nassau Coliseum so that's what we did. I really didn't want to run at Nassau anymore due to how stiffly sprung my car was but I had to for moral support and to show the novices the ropes. We had a pretty decent turnout and most of them actually did get some runs in. I always welcome any opportunity where I can introduce someone new to the sport.

S2Ki Metro NY @ NYR SCCA Autox - 6/25/2011
Nassau Coliseum, NY
S2Ki Metro NY @ NYR SCCA Autox - 6/25/2011
Nassau Coliseum, NY
I don't know why but I was enjoying this weird bumper view at the time. It's totally useless since you can't really see the course but for what it's worth this was my fast runs I think. I don't recall why we had a left side and a right side course but we did. Also wasn't worth running Hoosiers so this was on RS-3s.

NYR SCCA - 6/25/2011
Nassau Coliseum, NY

We somehow managed to stick Alan with the job of grill master. I don't think he was very happy and he messed up a lot of the burgers but we forgave him.


Alan's failburger
On the upside I did get a  cool shot of Billman's dog, Kajira, posing in front of Bumblestook