Friday, November 15, 2013

Final event before the NJ ProSolo 2011

We were supposed to have two events to scrub in the fresh RS-3s but if I recall one of the events got cancelled so we only got to put them on the last event before the NJ ProSolo. To make matters worse it was raining so the tires weren't going to scrub in the way I had planned it to. This was a really bad call on my part. We should've started running the new tires earlier. The upside for me is that for the first time I was now within tenths of Dan's times. Our time delta between our fastest runs was only 0.3 seconds.

NNJR SCCA - 5/14/2011

Dress Rehearsal - 5/13/2011
Most of the required decals on the car
Oh and I met that "Jon guy" - 5/14/2011
With my paranoia about getting a flat still in effect, I actually used my tire trailer for the first time at this event to bring the race wheels/tires with us. Dan was with me and on our way home, I heard a pop and saw a lot of smoke in my side mirror. I blew the tire on the tire trailer on the cross bronx expressway. I was able to get the car and trailer pulled over in a safe place and we found that I hadn't installed the axle properly and it shifted backwards a few inches when we hit a bump. The tire was touching one of the bolts on the frame and eventually tore into it. Luckily the toolbox was filled with tools and I had a spare trailer wheel so I fixed it right there temporarily and then permanently fixed it when I got back home.

Repairing the trailer on the cross bronx - 5/14/2011

We caused this accident - 5/14/2011
Stop staring at bumblestook and you won't drive
into the car in front of you!