Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Toledo ProSolo 2013 - Freakin' Rain!

The next big event was the one I was most excited about besides nationals because of fabled grip on the Toledo concrete surface. It was my first long distance tow and the egg did it without breaking a sweat.

We're in Toledo! - Toledo, OH - 7/26/2013
Got some nice practice starts. I wasn't taking any chances on concrete so I was basically lauching at the limiter. She sounds so angry when I do that.

Practice Launches - Toledo, OH
7/26/2013

Finally it was time get our morning runs done and things were peachy until the skies suddenly opened up big time. It totally sucked driving through all that standing water. There wasn't enough time for me to get back to paddock and grab my Hoosier wets but it was an interesting test of car control and made for some pretty dramatic photos.

BSP/DSP S2 Grid - Toledo ProSolo - Toledo, OH - 7/27/2013
Holy rain batman - Toledo, OH - 7/27/2013
Not gonna like, this photo is sweet even though it sucked driving - 7/27/2013
It did however dry the next day and we got some decent runs in but I just couldn't pull it together.

Toledo ProSolo - Toledo, OH, 7/28/2013
Toledo ProSolo - Toledo, OH, 7/28/2013

Toledo ProSolo - Toledo, OH
7/28-29/2013