Thursday, April 3, 2014

ProSolo Finale and Solo National Championship 2013

After a year of insanity trying to get Bumblestook and myself up to speed, it was time for the real deal. First up was the ProSolo Finale. Based on previous performance I had no chance here. I knew DSP was going to kill me and with the car behaving the way it did on the crazy fuel, I had no confidence to push hard but I took it as an opportunity to test her out on Lincoln concrete so I could get the car sorted out before Dan arrived.

Sun trying to get through - ProSolo Finale
Lincoln, Nebraska - 8/31/2013
In Grid - ProSolo Finale
Lincoln, Nebraska - 9/1/2013
ProSolo Finale
Lincoln, Nebraska - 9/1/2013

ProSolo Finale - Lincoln, Nebraska
8/31/2013-9/1/2013

The next day Dan arrived, picked him up at the airport then it was off to get his set of practice runs. The it was time for us to go racing. The issues I was having at the ProSolo was stuck in my head and I struggled to find any pace both days. Dan on the other hand did quite well and was able to nab the last trophy spot on his first year out at Nats so big congratulations to Dan! It was a lot of fun but it was made blatantly clear to me that I could no longer run a compromise (track/autox) car if I wanted to play with the big boys. Next year, I'd have to get serious and remove all the unnecessary weight, add power and tire and bring her to the limit of the class rules.

Dan practice runs - Lincoln, NE - 9/2/2013
BSP Grid - Lincoln, NE - 9/3/2013
BSP Grid - Lincoln, NE - 9/3/2013
Solo National Championships - Lincoln, NE - 9/3/2013
Dan trophying in Bumblestook - Lincoln, NE - 9/4/2013

SCCA Solo National Championship - Lincoln, NE
9/3-4/2013