Thursday, April 3, 2014

Final testing before Nats

After Toledo, I took on Dan Stainback as my codriver for Nats. It was great to be able to bring someone new to Nats who was also a fellow S2000 driver. To get him up to speed, we codrove the last few events leading up to the big show.

Dan driving Bumblestook
NNJR SCCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ - 8/3/2013
Thanks to the changing conditions, I was finally able to say I out paxed the great Nick Barbato thanks to Dan constantly pushing me harder by beating my times though I did eventually run a faster time.

PAX results - NNJR SCCA Autox - 8/3/2013

Dan vs Steguis - NNJR SCCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
8/3/2013

The following week, it was last event to test her out. I had some final prep I wanted to get done to her and didn't want to run the risk of anything happening before the trip. It was another close battle with Dan and I trading fast times but I eventually squeezed out a slightly faster run.

NNJR PCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ - 8/11/2013

Dan vs Steguis - NNJR SCCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
8/11/2013

It was now time for final prep. I changed most of the bolts for the new control arms when we replaced it but not all the alignment bolts. I ordered new ones so we put those in and did alignment #6. Since I only had one set of CCWs I had to put on my sticker Hoosiers and run with them.

New alignment bolts and washers - 8/17/2013
Sticker Hoosiers - 8/17/2013
Fresh diff fluid - 8/17/2013
All ready for nats! - 8/17/2013