Wednesday, April 2, 2014

NJ ProSolo and Dover National Tour 2013

After all the insanity of early season testing, I was out of time and it was time for the first big event of the season, the NJ ProSolo. With the fear of more breakage, I could run the risk of towing a tire trailer so luckily Dan brough my race wheels and spares for me to the site.

Wheels and spares ready to go - 4/18/2013
The next day it was off to the Meadowlands for practice starts. I was fully expective to break another diff but luckily it held.

Practice starts - NJ ProSolo - Meadowlands, NJ - 4/19/2013
And then it was finally race time. I couldn't keep my runs clean so I had to dial it back a bit to get a clean run. I don't even remember where I finished at this event but frankly I was just glad she held together and felt good. Bonus for finally not getting raw timed by STR.

BSP/DSP S2 Grid - NJ ProSolo - Meadowlands, NJ - 4/20/2013

NJ ProSolo - Meadowlands, NJ 
4/20-21/2013

The following weekend, we were at it again, this time for the Dover National Tour in Delaware. I was comfortable enough to take on a codriver for this event since there were no hard launches to worry about so I asked Aaron to come codrive with me. Bumblestook was sporting extra decals this race to raise awareness for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a conditional affecting Aaron's daughter. She generally felt good but on day two we were feeling some bogging with the engine. The first symptoms of what I'd later find out were problematic injector pigtails. Still, she held together well enough for me to get in 3rd and nab my first big event trophy.

Practice runs - Dover International Speedway - 4/26/2013
Raising awareness - Dover International Speedway - 4/27//2013
In Grid - Dover International Speedway - 4/27/2013
3rd Place - Dover National Tour - 4/27/2013

Dover National Tour - 3rd Place - Dover International Speedway
4/26-27/2013