Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mugen Powa

Ok, so I'm a Mugen whore and when I found out someone was selling a Mugen AP1 header then I jumped on it. I had a tune scheduled soon so I figured I might as well get any power adders now so I could make the most of it.

Mugen AP1 Header - 10/20/2011
Add to that a Berk 70mm test pipe..

Berk 70mm Test Pipe with defouler - 10/19/2011
That weekend, I was back at JDV's getting it all installed.

Mugen header left | Stock header right
10/22/2011
Mugen Powa - 10/22/2011
It definitely changed the exhaust note. Got rid of the slight drone and was supposed to add power in the midrange. Hard to tell without a dyno but the car definitely felt peppier after a more free flowing exhaust setup. I have to admit thought, the thing I hate the most about having no cat is the nasty "rotten egg" smell that comes out of the tail pipe.