Saturday, May 6, 2023

Prepping For Sale - GTi

With a buyer now ready to take over my GTI, I wanted to hand it over in the best way possible. I always keep a bunch of spare fluids for all my cars so I wanted to at least get some basic maintenance of the way for the next owner so they can enjoy it worry free for a while.

Oil change was due anyway
Fresh oil and filter in

Next up was to change the tranmission fluid. I got the fluid some time ago and meant to do it last year but better late than never.

Fluids

Pumping in the fresh MTF

And last, it's probably a good idea to have fresh brake fluid so I gave that a flush as well.

Flush brake fluid

Then she was off to my go to hand car wash when I don't have time to do it myself to get her fully clean inside and out.

Last Wash

Looking fine as ever for the next owner

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 80,033

- New Mann oil filter and drain plug
- 5.75 quarts Liqui Moly 5W-40 Molygen
- 2.3L of VW manual transmission fluid
- 1L of ATE SL6 DOT4 brake fluid