Sunday, August 30, 2020

First Autocross in 2020

I can't believe that it's almost been a full year since the last time I autocrossed. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. Becca was there with her 350Z so it gave me some incentive to at least try to drive a little harder.

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 8-30-2020
My early runs were a mess. The car was understeering everywhere and my timing was so off I just kept hitting cones. I was able to clean up my runs but the car still wouldn't rotate easily. After softening the front compression and reducing rear rebound to let the rear work better, it finally started to feel better. I was still trailing a few hundredths of a second going into our final runs but the changes I'd made to the suspension allowed me to attack the course a little harder. I finally broke through and found a tenth of a second to take the lead.

STU Final Results
Looking at the video, it's a horrible mess. I had so much daylight between the car and the cones. The lines were mediocre at best and frankly, if Becca was fully prepped I would've been destroyed. Overall though I enjoyed the fun little battle we had and was just glad to be out there and see everyone again after so many months.

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 8-30-2020

Setup Notes:

Front:
Compression: 4
Rebound: 11
Pressure: 30psi

Rear:
Compression: 9
Rebound: 7
Pressure: 32psi