Sunday, April 28, 2019

Final Practice before NJ ProSolo 2019

We're less than a week away now from the NJ ProSolo so despite the forecast for lots rain and cool temperatures, many of us braved the elements to get our final practice in. In order to try and get people dry runs, we split up two heats running twice, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. This turned out to work out quite well because the rain eventually passed towards the end of the morning session and the winds helped dry most of the lot.

NNJR SCCA Autocross - 4-28-2019
This meant that everyone got a chance to run in the dry for the afternoon runs so the morning times were thrown out (treated as a TnT) and afternoon counted as points. This sadly didn't matter to me because I was the only one in STU but I was mostly just in it for seat time. It's been almost a month now since my last autocross. I can't say I was too happy with my driving. I still keep hitting cones on the right side but looking at the video I'm getting really close on the left so I'm working on cutting distance at least. I also lowered the front compression one click since she seemed a bit pushy and that helped massively with making the front work better (note to self: front compression is now set to 9).

NNJR SCCA - 4-28-2019

Since it doesn't look like STU is making a full class for the ProSolo that means we're going to be moved into bump class (probably up against the karts). Between that and the car just not wanting to be launched and wheel hopping when I try, I think I'm not even going to try and launch the car to preserve the drivetrain.