Saturday, April 13, 2019

Alcantara GT2 Seat Inserts

I really love the carbon GT2 seats in Kay but my biggest gripe with them is that it's all black leather. It makes it easy to clean but boy do they get hot in the sun. When I bought them a few months ago I contacted Heritage Upholstery in California. They specialize in restoring classic car interiors but as most of these shops do, they also do some bespoke work for cars like Porsches.

Alcantara GT Seat Inserts - 4-13-2019
Compared against all leather seats
I specifically wanted Stone Grey Alcantara inserts to match the rest of the interior. Unfortunately, these have become very hard to come by as a global shortage in Alcantara means suppliers only sell to OEM manufacturers. After a month or so of looking, they were able to source the material for me from Europe and about 3 months later in total, they're finally here and I think it adds a really nice detail to the interior.

Black leather left, Stone Grey Alcantara Right
Black leather left, Stone Grey Alcantara Right
One of the reasons I picked Heritage Upholstery is that they actually source factory molded cushions so I know I'm going to get OEM fitment and quality. Buying a new set of cushions was a great choice because it's obviously nice when everything is new but also because I can store the original ones if I decide to sell the seats later.


This completes the interior now to my satisfaction.

Alcantara GT Seat Inserts - 4-13-2019