After replacing my broken front sway bar, I wanted to go back on track to try it again so I could see if there was any performance difference so I decided to head back to NJMP Thunderbolt once again, this time with Hooked On Driving NorthEast.
![]() |
| NJMP Thunderbolt - 8/22/2026 |
The day started with some heavy rain and I was anticipating a wash out all day but we lucked out and the track dried pretty much after the first session and it stayed dry the rest of the day with mostly overcast conditions. With the new bar in place and rear bar reconnected, the directional change was definitely faster. I settled for 28psi all around on my 255/40R17 Bridgestone Potenze RE-71RZs and that made the car feels pretty balanced at all speeds.
Once I got comfortable that there was sufficient grip out there I was able to push hard and improved m personal best by almost 1.5 seconds from my last trip less than a month ago. I'd say we're moving in the right direction.
I had also wanted to mount my Solo2 DL away from my windscreen and found someone who used a general purpose quadlock adhesive mount on a Solo2 mount on his bike so I gave that a try and it worked wonderfully with the Quad lock mount already on my car for my phone.
![]() |
| Solo2 DL mounted using a quad lock mount |
New PB for Thunderbolt: 1:33.97



