Saturday, May 4, 2024

Racebred Components Air Dam

The Racebred Components splitter is a pretty nice piece but when lined up with an S2000 that has a CR lip there's a bit of a gap in between the splitter and the bottom of the bumper. This is less than ideal from a aerodynamics perspective so I picked up the newly released Racebred Components Air Dam which consists of an aluminum strip you shape and bolt onto the splitter to block the hole.


The first step was to lower the splitter by about 3/8" since I had originally mounted it as flush as I could on the bumper and that doesn't leave enough room for the nuts securing the air dam to clear. I then added some painter's tape so I could trace the shape of the bumper.


I could then line up the air dam to mark and drill the holes to secure it. On the back side I used a countersunk drill to widen the hole to allow the supplied bolts to fit flush.


I could then put it all together and secure the splitter on the car and apply the rubber strip to clean up the edges.



While I was at it I also changed the oil from 10W-30 to 10W-40. I noticed last year that on very hot track days the oil would thin out a bit too lower the oil pressure.


Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 65,967

- 5.5 quarts Amsoil 10W-40
- New OEM oil filter