Monday, March 25, 2024

Voltex Swan Neck and Houndstooth Interior

I ordered a 1550mm Voltex Type 7 Swan Neck wing for the S2000 well over a year ago and it finally arrived over the winter. I got a spare trunk to install it on and dropped it off with Eric at K2 Autobody so he could paint it. While it was there I decided to also repaint the rear bumper and rear over fenders which had suffered some pain peeling and pitting over the years. Unfortunately the paint pigments have changed over the past 7 years so even though they have the formula for my paint (Rio Yellow Pearl), it doesn't actually match so they had to adjust the formula to try and match it as best they could. It's a good match but it's still a tad lighter compared to the rest of the car but I think it still looks fine. 

New Voltex wing installed
Reinforcement plates riveted in place (1/8" rivets)

Another angle of the rear wing

While the body panels were out to get painted, I also dropped off the cushions for my Recaro Pole Positions and door panels to have to reupholstered. I had it done 7 years ago in yellow/black Tomcat pattern which is very JDM but I was never really super happy with it because the color was a bit too light. Last year I had the seats in my Cayman reupholstered to yellow/black houndstooth and not only did I really love the pattern but it was a better match to the Rio Yellow of the S2000 so I took this opportunity to have the S2000 interior redone as well.

Houndstooth reupholstered interior
Houndstooth reupholstered interior

Houndstooth reupholstered interior

Since I removed the J's racing front tow hook as part of my front splitter install since the tow hook interfered with the proper mounting of the splitter mounts, I picked up a Raceseng tow strap instead and installed that.

Raceseng tow strap