Friday, March 8, 2024

Racebred V2 Quick Release Splitter

In the end of 2022 I picked up a Racebred V2 Quick Release splitter for the s2000 just as I went to order my Voltex wing. I didn't want to install the splitter without the wing because of aero balance so I waited and since the wing took over a year to arrive, here I am now 15 months later installing the splitter.

Splitter installed

It's a pretty nice piece but the bracket is designed to go flush against the frame and those pieces are actually angled up slightly so if you install it out of the box the splitter is actually angled up a little which isn't what you want aerodynamically. I had to shim it using 2 x 3/8" fender washers at the front to get a slightly downward angle instead.

Now correctly angled
Removed center under tray and trimmed fender lines

The center under tray had to be removed and the fender liners trimmed so it wouldn't get in the way. While the splitter is "quick release", there are two bolts on each side holding it in place for added security so you need to remove those to pull the quick release pin. It's possible to do through the fender liner with the wheels removed but I wouldn't really call that "quick". 

Bumper reinstalled

It looks pretty decent and functional installed but because the CR lip isn't flat, there's a gap between the splitter and the bumper towards the center. This is not ideal from an aero perspective so I ordered their air dam to go with this. I'll likely have to remove the bumper again anyway since I noticed a but of the bottom part of the lip hits the splitter bracket so I'll have to trim that and I'm debating removing my J's racing tow hook since it's sandwiched right now between the frame and the bracket and I don't think that's ideal.