Saturday, March 30, 2024

New Injectors and Rear Calipers

Bumblestook is 22 years old now and it's still got the original injectors. I doubt the spray pattern is still good so I had originally though about getting the injectors bench flow tested and cleaned. However, I was able to source some brand new Honda S2000 injectors from Japan and I've said to myself that for as long as I can source new parts from Honda, I'll do that and hoard my old parts as spares. These injectors are impossible to find from the US but I was able to source them directly from Japan for less than what dealers here charge for them. 

Fresh OEM Honda S2000 Injectors
New injectors on the fuel rail

Fuel rail going back in

Last year I also noticed that my rear calipers were starting to bind a little especially on initial laps of any track day. They've seen better days and probably could use a rebuild but same story here, I was able to source some brand new rear calipers from Honda and that seemed like the smarter thing to do so I could keep the old ones as spares.

1 of 2 new rear calipers

Driver side rear caliper installed

Passenger side rear caliper installed

Of course if you're replacing calipers you're going to have to bleed the brakes so I went ahead with a flush with some fresh Motul RBF660 brake fluid.

Fresh brake fluid

Thanks to SJF for getting this done for me today.

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 65,179

- 2 new rear OEM calipers
- 4 new OEM injectors 06164-PCX-010
- Motul RBF 660 brake fluid flush