Sunday, March 30, 2014

Back to the Glen

A week later I was off to The Glen. I usually go in the fall but in 2012, NASA held a HPDE only event in the spring so we were guaranteed tons of track time. It was a no brainer to go! Day 1 was dry and we got some really good track time but we got rain on day 2 that made it interesting as usual with all the guard rails constantly begging for fresh fodder. Luckily I was able to keep my car yellow!

NASA HPDE with NASA @ Watkins Glen - 4/30/2012
NASA HPDE with NASA @ Watkins Glen - 4/30/2012
NASA HPDE with NASA @ Watkins Glen - 4/30/2012
Another succesful track day in the books @ Watkins Glen - 5/1/2012
Since I had a fair bit of downtime between sessions, I also decided to dabble in a little "track video"  project I'd been wanting to do for some time.

"Track Day" - Watkins Glen International
5/1/2012

On the last session, the track was almost completely dry and with lots of people heading out early, we got plenty of wide open track to go full tilt. I usually try to dial back on my last session but really...would you if you saw this much open track in such an awesome car!?


NASA HPDE3/4 Final Session - Watkins Glen International
5/1/2012