Monday, March 31, 2014

Starting on the slippery slope of Street Prepared

Almost as soon as I got back from Lincoln, I wanted to get started on the BSP build. The goal at the time wasn't necessarily to make a super competitive BSP car but instead make Bumblestook a track car that was BSP legal. This would mean removing all the aero, putting back my soft top and getting Hoosiers. I thought, what is BSP other than STR on Hoosiers right? Haha....wrong!

New wingless trunk put in - 9/15/2012
The next day I was off to Nassau Coliseum to get some more late season autox and try my new wingless configuration.

NYR SCCA Autox - Nassau Coliseum - 9/16/2012
Wingless look growing on me - NYR SCCA Autox - 9/16/2012

NYR SCCA Autox - Nassau Colisem - With Novice Ride-along
9/16/2012

The following week I went to see Ray to start cutting my fenders. 275s all around is all I need for BSP right?

Fender cutting - 9/22/2012
Fender cutting - 9/22/2012
And then it was of to the Meadowlands again for another Autox with MSNE on a glorious, sunny day in the fall. This was shortly followed by the my last event of the season with NNJR SCCA.

MSNE Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
9/23/2012

NNJR SCCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
9/29/2012

The next day, Tony helped me take the last of the aero off my car (spoiler and side strakes).

Good-bye Aero - 9/30/2012