Sunday, March 30, 2014

More summer cone dodging

It was time to get my mind back on autocrossing since the NorthEast divisional was coming up and Rad was kind enough to lend me his car to run in STR since Bumblestook is bumped to SSM due to the aero. No biggy though, I was still going to use her on street tires for practice so I went to autox with the NNJR to get some valuable seat time.

NNJR PCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
5/6/2012

Later that month, I was running out of events to go to so I sucked it up and went to Nassau Coliseum with the Metro NY PCA. Bad idea! That lot is killer on 1000lb springs.

Metro NY PCA Autox - Nassau Coliseum
5/20/2012

However, between this event and driving Rad's car the previous week. I had decided to ditch the 1000lb springs. They were just too much for street tires so I got a set of 800/700lb springs instead.

800/700lb springs - 5/25/2012
New springs getting installed - 6/9/2012
The next day, I was back autoxing at the Meadowlands with the NNJR PCA. Austin was having lug nuts issues on his S2000 so I offered him a codrive. He sure is one fast driver and killed my times by a good 1 second. Good times!

NNJR PCA Autox - Meadowlands, NJ
6/10/2012