The T120 comes with a decent KYB suspension setup from factory but why settle when you have plenty of options. Specifically, Triumph has an OEM upgrade made by Fox Shocks that just made too much sense not to pursue. Not only are these better dampers but they include an external reservoir and have compression adjustability.
![]() |
| Fox Performance Rear Suspension |
![]() |
| Compression adjustment knob |
The installation itself was pretty straightforward since I had the dealership install the factory center stand. Each side is just held by two bolts. In order for the new bolts to install properly, it's important to get the threads clean off any loctite so that they can be torqued properly. The threads are M8 x 1.25 so I used a tap and die kit to clean off the threads before installing. I set the compression to the recommend 18 clicks from full stiff (10 clicks is Sport and 23 is Comfort)
![]() |
| Original OEM suspension |
![]() |
| Cleaning off the threads |
![]() |
| Rear suspension installed |
![]() |
| Rear suspension installed |
For the front suspension, I installed TEC Progressive fork sprinks. This should make the ride more compliant on small bumps but stiffer under braking.
![]() |
| Handlebar set aside to get to fork cap nuts |
![]() |
| New progressive spring next to left OEM spring |
I wanted to add some engine protection in case I ever drop the bike so I installe the Triumph engine bottom guards.
![]() |
| Engine protector |
![]() |
| Engine protector |
I also wanted to add some protection to the radiator so I added a Monotone union jack radiator guard.
![]() |
| Motone Radiator Guard |
The weak horn was also another item I wanted changed. I wanted to make sure I'd be heard if I honk the horn so I replaced it with a Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn in its place. The sound is now loud and deep. It's basically a car horn now.
![]() |
| Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn |
Finally I added a helmet hook on the right side so I can secure the helmet if needed and replaced the seat with a Motone Rattler cafe racer style black seat. I loved the contrasting brown seat but unfortunately they don't make it in brown.
![]() |
| Helmet hook |
![]() |
| Motone Rattler Seat |
![]() |
| Motone Rattler Seat |
I have to say I think it all came together nicely and it's getting closer to what my vision for the bike should be.
![]() |
| Everything done on center stand |
![]() |
| Back down on the side stand |
Maintenace Update:
Mileage: 113 miles
- TEC progressive front fork springs
- Fox Performance rear shocks and springs
- Brogue Helmet Hook
- Motone radiator guard
- Motone Rattler seat
- Triump lower engine guards
- Denali Soundbomb Mini horn
- Triumph tank pad
















