I've been having the itch to enjoy open road riding again but didn't want a sport bike. I wanted something I could just cruise around in and take my thoughts away from the busy day to day. I spend the past few weeks researching motorcycles incessantly and after a few visits to dealers, decided that the 2026 Triumph Bonneville T120 Black is the bike for me.
I love it's classic styling but modern safety additions like lean-aware ABS and Traction Control. I also like the relaxed riding position while offering excellent ergonomics and performance. At 1200cc, it's significanly more powerful than my first bike, a Suzuki GS500F but the power delivery and transmission are so smooth it's an easy bike to ride.
![]() |
| Pickup day - Locomotion Powersports |
While I'm definitely excited to be on a bike again, it's been over 15 years since I last rode so it's going to take some time to regain all the skills and reflexes I had built long ago. I was a bit anxious on my first ride home but once it started to come back to me, I was able to relax and enjoy it.
![]() |
| I love an analog cluster |
![]() |
| Finally home |
Of course, it wouldn't be a Steguis Motorsports vehicle without being modded at least somewhat and I didn't waste time here either. I put on Triumph bar end mirrors both for looks and practicality as the Mickey Mouse standard side mirrors faced my shoulders and gave me poor rear visibility. The bar mirrors are perfectly located and I have clear rear vision through them. I also added a Quadlock mount with wireless charging which works great since the bike has a USB-C outlet right by the gauge cluster. Then of course the requisite quick connects for my C-tek charger so I can trickle charge the bike as needed. Finally, I also bought a great condition but used factory rear grab handle to make it easier to pull the bike up onto the center stand. From the dealership, I also had them install the center stand and engine bar protectors just in case I ever drop the bike.
![]() |
| Bar end mirrors and quad lock installed |
![]() |
| Installing the rear grab handle |
![]() |
| Rear grab handle installed |
I got the bike inspected at Action Cycle Performance Center in Spring Valley and took it for a nice long 100 mile ride to really get to know her. Pretty obvious, but her name is "Bonnie".
Maintence Update:
Mileage: 9
- None. Pickup from dealership - Locomotion Powersports in Mahwah, NJ







