Tuesday, August 6, 2019

SPEEDiagnostix Used Oil Analysis

Last month, we changed the oil and I got the used oil sample sent out to SPEEDiagnostix for analysis. The oil had been in there for 7 months and 3000 miles and obviously several autocrosses and as far as I know, this is first used oil analysis for this car by anyone (including all previous owners). She passed with flying colors so this is a very good and comforting sign that the engine is quite healthy. The viscosity is about the same as the reference number for DT40 for a fresh bottle and no fuel dilation would indicate good sealing of the piston rings which is also a good indicator that the bores aren't scored. The only ding I got was for oxidation which would indicate the need for more frequent oil changes. I think we changed the oil at just the right time but I think going forward I'm going to change the oil every 6 months regardless of mileage (at least while I'm on Driven DT-40) to keep the oxidation levels low.

Used Oil Analysis Results -  Page 1 - 8/6/2019
Used Oil Analysis Results -  Page 2 - 8/6/2019
Used Oil Analysis Results -  Page 3 - 8/6/2019