Sunday, August 4, 2019

Final Testing Before Nats

We're still a month away from Nationals but there really aren't any events from now until then that'll work for me so today was the final shakedown for Kay. I really had no goals today other than to make sure the updated alignment and sway bar fix all felt good.

NNJR SCCA - 8-4-2019
Overall it was a successful event. The intense heat was really getting to me but held it together long enough to grab the win. You can tell I was being much more conservative since I didn't hit a single cone all day long. The car was a bit pushy. I increased the front rebound one click and that made it more neutral but I didn't want to make any major changes since I'm going to be changing some of these settings when we're on concrete anyway. I'd like the car to be a bit more loose and I can do that in Lincoln with no concern about poles and curbs.

Results - NNJR SCCA - 8-4-2019

NNJR SCCA - 8-4-2019

I've done everything I can to be in the best position for Nationals. I don't think I've left anything on the table as far as setup is concerned. Thankfully, I won't have to drive all the way there on my competition tires as James offered to transport my wheels so I'll be driving there on my Continental DWS tires which will end up being my rain tires in case we get poured on.

There are 29 drivers registered for STU at Nationals with only 2 of them being Caymans. I'm obviously one of them and the other one is a 987.2 so it's going to be an uphill battle. It's such a huge mix of cars and drivers it'll be anyone's game. I'm just hoping to eek out enough for a trophy position on this, my 7th, trip to Nationals.