Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wheels and Tires

After weeks of letting the springs settle and adjusting the ride height, I'm finally happy with where she sits so I decided to put on the wheels and tires I got for her to complete her STR trim. I didn't want anything expensive or too flashy for the wheels. I looked for something that came in the CR wheels silver color or something that would very closely match the Silverstone color of her body. I went ahead and picked up a set of Kosei K5R in 17x9 +63 offset in light gray.

Lupa in full STR trim - 8/5/2015
In pictures it looked like a good match but it was still a gamble since I hadn't seen these in person on a Silverstone S2000. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were a perfect match and looked great without being overly flashy or attention grabbing. I was further happy to see that they came mounted with red anodized valve stems. It's a great complement to my black/red interior and soon to arrive red/black class letters/numbers.

Lupa in full STR trim - 8/5/2015
They're wrapped in super sticky 255/40/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R all around. I could immediately feel the increased turn in response with the wider front tires. Next up is an alignment since the front isn't cambered enough and I'm going to have to bend the fender tab a little since it rubs a bit driver side but overall I'm very happy with the fitment.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R wrapped Kosei K5R - 8/5/2015
Not visible on the photos are the lug nuts. I went with EVS Tuning (Evasive Motorsports) "Super lap" open ended racing lug nuts made of forged SCM435 steel alloy since I don't trust aluminum lug nuts.