Sunday, August 9, 2015

First Alignment for Lupa

After test fitting the STR spec wheels and tires, it was clear that I'd need an alignment ASAP if I wanted to have Lupa drivable and not ruin my tires or fenders. With SJF Performance unavailable, I was lucky to get squeezed in for an appointment at Camber Toe Performance in Lynbrook this past Saturday. 

First alignment - Camber Toe - 8/8/2015
Photo by: Joe Miranda / Camber Toe
Since I haven't autocross Lupa yet, I wanted to just set an initial baseline alignment based on some numbers I had been toying around with on paper. I'm almost certain I'll be re-aligning again before this season was over so a good ballpark would be all that was needed. I ended up with the following alignment specs:

Front:
-3.1 Camber
0 Total Toe

Rear:
-2.5 Camber
0.18 Total Toe In

I'm glad we did the alignment since I was running almost a full inch of toe in at the rear and definitely wasn't running enough camber up front so my fenders were in danger of some carnage if I got full compression load due to a bump or something. I also asked them to bend the fender tab in the front for a little bit more tire clearance. There's no need to do a full roll on +63 offset wheels with 255 sized tires.

We're almost there. I'm shooting to take her out to her first event later this month.