Sunday, June 2, 2024

Fuel Pressure Gauge and Trans/Diff Fluid change

A few weeks ago I suddenly lost power on the 944 and ran into a no start condition. I swapped the DME relay and got it back working to limp it home and from my investigation it seems like it might just have been a bad ground caused by a bolt that had almost backed out all the way. Anyway, part of my concern at the time was whether or not I actually had fuel pressure but I had no way of telling. I got  Lindsey Racing fuel pressure gauge that fits right up to the rail so now I can see in real time what the fuel pressure is. This will help me detect any fuel flow or fuel regulator issues in the future.

Fuel pressure gauge installed
Fuel pressure gauge installed

While the car was on the lift I also decided to change the transaxle fluid since it's now been 500 or so miles since the new diff was installed and I figure that's a good enough break in period.

New gear oil

NOTE: I decided to remove the fuel pressure gauge shortly after since I didn't feel comfortable adding another potential failure point in case the gauge or fittings fail and starts to leak fuel into the engine bay. 

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 97,305

- 2.7 quarts Motul 75W90 Gear Oil