Friday, October 6, 2023

Cayman Oil Change

Oof, realized that while I haven't put many miles on the Cayman it's been over a year since I changed the oil. I don't sweat this too much since I use good quality oil but still, I generally don't like going beyond a year on oil regardless of mileage. 

Draining oil

I didn't really like my little Harbor Freight lift oil drain too much since I was worried that the higher flowing and higher capacity Porsches might overflow the smaller funnel so I got a new US made Lisle 8-Gallon Oil Lift Drain instead. It features a much wider mouth funnel and I also got the no splatter pad for it so that any draining oil won't just bounce right out. It works super well and I'm very happy with it. 

Lisle 8 Gallon Oil Drain (left) vs
Harbor Freight 5 Gallon Oil Drain (right)

I then put in some fresh Driven DT-40 and we're now good again.

Driven DT-40

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 50,685

- 8.5 quarts Driven DT-40

- NAPA gold filter