Friday, September 8, 2023

First oil change for Arturito

Ok well this isn't really the first oil change but it's the first oil change done by me. According to the records, the oil was changed before it was sold to me but since I have no idea what oil is in there, I really wanted to get this oil change so this was a bit overdue for me to get my hands oily.

New oil filter in

New oil


It's a bit more fiddly that my other cars since there's a separate drain for the oil filter housing. Other than that though it was pretty much a breeze. 

Noting torque settings for the future:

Oil drain bolt - 25Nm (17mm bolt)

Oil filter drain screw - 5Nm (T50 Torx) also, accidentally pushed too hard with my ratchet and stripped the plastic teeth in the new drain screw so I'll have to pull the whole housing out first next time I do this and extract it with something else.

Oil filter cover - 25Nm 

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 71,479

- 5L Liquimoly 0W-20 (supposed to take 5.5 quarts. Will drive the car around to get warm so the computer can measure the actual level before I add more)

- New Hengst oil filter

- New oil filter drain screw

- New oil drain copper washer

- New rubber oil drain gasket