Saturday, April 1, 2023

First Track Day of the Season - Lime Rock Park

With the garage build coming soon, I may not be able to attend some events for a while but I couldn't miss a return to Lime Rock park with S2K Takeover. I went last year but that event got cut short for me when I was having issues with my oil pressure sender so I was super excited to go back. Unfortunately the forecast was not pleasant. It was supposed to be severe thunderstorms but there was hope for a break in the weather so I went anyway and I'm glad I did.

Arriving at LRP - 4-1-2023

I drove through quite a bit of a rain storm to get there but by the time we started running at around 1pm, it had stopped raining. The first session was a bit sketchy with the surface being very slick but by the 2nd session, the sun was out and the track was completely dry. Temps were in the high 60s. It was a perfect day to be on track.

Day started off quite wet


Gloomy and dreary start

Full sunshine and dry by 2nd session

I was pushing a little bit harder each session as I gained some confidence again. There was a fair share of track incidents today so that was on the back of my mind so I worked on building speed but in a controlled way to manage the risk. I found peak time in my 2nd to last session and was able to clock in a 1:04.5. The fast S2k guys are lapping at just around a minute so I've got work to do to catch them next time. 


Lime Rock Park - 1:04.5 on Continental Force 255/40R17

Terrific day all around and it was great seeing S2000 friends again.

Kudos to Brad for our sweet new T-shirts...
"Must go faster"


Terrific action shots by Jimmy Hayden Photography