Sunday, May 24, 2020

Pagid Yellow RS29 - Track Prep

Well it seems like more and more tracks are starting to re-open so it's time to get the Cayman ready in case I can find one that works with my schedule. Kay's pretty much sorted so the only thing she needed were track brake pads and fresh fluids since the last time we changed the oil was before Nationals last year (eek).

Getting ready for maintenance - 5-24-2020
SJF Performance
I wanted track pads that I could easy swap back and forth with the Porsche stock pads and from my research the only solution here are Pagid Yellows (RS29). I know what you're thinking it, but no, I didn't buy them because they were yellow.

New pads and oil - 5-24-2020
Pagid RS29
They work extremely well with very good initial bite but man they squeal harder than a pig in a slaughterhouse when low speed braking. We had a little trouble with the rears. These pads are pretty thick so you have to remove the brake pad damper or there's simply no room for the pads to go in. Once that was sorted, everything was nice and smooth.

Front pads in 
Rear pads in
Brake pad dampers that had to go
We also put in fresh Joe Gibbs Driven DT-40 just because the oil was too old coming up on a year in the car with just about 5000 miles. I'll likely put in Driven XP9 oil before an actual track day. Took her for a 200 mile drive and had no issues so I think she's good to go.

Maintenance Update:

Mileage: 41,067
- 8.5 quarts Driven DT-40 oil, NAPA gold oil filter
- Pagid RS-29 track brake pads all around