Thursday, May 16, 2019

More P2198 CEL Woes

Well, just before the NJ ProSolo, I started getting check engine lights again. It was the familiar P2198 (stuck rich on bank 1). This time though it didn't seem to happen at arbitrary times. The moment I'd clear it, if I started the car I'd see the code was pending and by the 2nd or 3rd start, the check engine light would come on. Thankfully it didn't seem to affect the performance of the car much but I finally got the car back to Lee at Hybrid Motors today to get checked out.

New Bosch Primary O2 sensors - 5-16-19
New Bosch Primary O2 sensors - 5-16-19
This time I asked that he put in the new Bosch primary o2 sensors I bought a while ago. So far I haven't seen the P2198 pending show up, but time will tell. Unfortunately, he also noticed that I had an exhaust leak. There are leaks by the gaskets on both ends of the headers. I contacted Soul Performance about my issue and they're sending me new gaskets for free. Here's hoping these fix this issue permanently.

Maintenance Updates:

Mileage: 35,290
- New Bosch 17276 Primary O2 Sensors (both sides)