Saturday, September 8, 2018

Track Ready

With just a little over a week left before the S2K Take Over Round 2 at NYST, I had to get cracking on getting Bumblestook track ready.

New front rotors and track pads on - 9-8-2018
Everything's been running pretty smoothly so the only real prep left were the brakes. I opted to go with Carbotech XP10 up front and Carbotech XP8 in the rear.

Track Pads - 9-8-2018
Carbotech XP10 front pads - 9-8-2018
Carbotech XP8 rear pads - 9-8-2018
They offer great brake performance for running street tires on track and I paired them up with a fresh set of Centric cryo-treated rotors.

Centric Cryo Rear Rotors - 9-8-2018
Centric Cryo Front Rotors - 9-8-2018
Rear rotors and track pads installed - 9-8-2018
To further help with brake cooling, I finally connected the bumper brake duct inlets to the brake rotor shield. This should greatly help reduce the chances of cracked rotors.

Hose connected to brake duct inlets - 9-8-2018
Brake ducts fully connected - 9-8-2018
As the last bit of safety enhancement, I also picked up an Element E50 fire extinguisher and mounted it in front of the passenger side seat. Hopefully, I never have to use this but something is better than nothing in case of an emergency.


If you haven't seen this thing in action it's pretty cool and I think I might have to get one of these for each of my cars and apartment.