Sunday, February 21, 2016

Re-installed Moton Club Sports

After receiving the "old" Moton Club Sports back from ANZE Suspension a few weeks ago, I didn't expect we'd be able to install it until March due to the weather but we got a nice preview of Spring weather today so Hez and I took the opportunity to pop them in.

Ready to install the Motons - 2/21/2016
It only took us 2 hours taking our sweet time this go around since we weren't wasting time trying to adjust spring perches or figure out where to mount the external reservoirs. Needless to say, the installation went along smoothly and we set all the dampers to their middle settings for now.

Motons reinstalled - 2/21/2016
Front reservoirs remounted a bit more cleanly this time - 2/21/2016
Fresh shock body installed - 2/21/2016
I put about 200 miles on her today and I'm glad to report that the valving changes and the much needed reduction in nitrogen pressure made a world of difference. She responds very positively to undulating surfaces without any nervousness and I can definitely feel the reduction of excess spring rate now that the nitrogen pressures are back to more normal value for these springs.

Rear shocks reinstalled - 2/21/2016
I reset the spring perches back to the height they were at when we removed them late last year but for some reason the rear now sits a bit high. I'm going to let the springs settle a bit and adjust the height before I take her in for an alignment. Hopefully we get another break in the weather soon we get her alignment sorted before the first test day in March.