Friday, February 5, 2016

Moton Clubs Sport Rebuild

In the beginning of December last year, Hez and I pulled out the Motons from Lupa so I could have them sent out for a rebuild/revalve. I dropped them off at ANZE Suspension in Glencove Rd in Long Island later that month where after a quick inspection, we determine that two of the shock bodies would have to be replaced to damage on the threads along with a new upper spring retainer that had gotten deformed from when I had the springs without the helpers. This would require ordering new bodies from Moton in Holland and with the holidays under way, I was just hoping I could get them back in time before the racing season started.

Rebuilt/Revalved Moton Clubsports - ANZE Suspension
2/1/2016
Amazingly the guys at ANZE were able to secure me brand new replacement shock bodies and have it all rebuilt and revalved based on discussions we had around changes I wanted in a month. 

Shock Dyno - Front Full Range - 2/5/2016
Shock Dyno - Front match - 2/5/2016
Shock Dyno - Rear Full Range - 2/5/2016
Shock Dyno - Rear Match - 2/5/2016
After I got them back to the garage, I mated them back up with the springs and helpers and set the collar height to what they were right after we took them off. It's so nice having clean, fresh shocks where every collar moves smoothly again and all the pieces fit together just right. All that's left to do is to find a weekend to put these back on and get realigned before the first event in March so we can begin retuning the suspension.

Shocks and springs all back together again - 2/5/2016